So recently I posted on my trials and tribulations in sleep training. Tonight was one of those nights….you know, the kicking, the screaming, the wriggling of the body as you try to get the pajamas on your child as you wonder how a toddler can contort themselves that way. Yes, this was us tonight. I was preparing myself for battle when I remembered I could put lavender essential oil on his feet. So hurriedly I put 2 drops in my palm and massaged his feet and held my hands up to his nose to inhale…..and he stopped screaming. Seriously. He then smiled, yes smiled! I about fell on the floor. I mean, coincidence right?
So I let him play for a few minutes and decided to try and put him to sleep, thinking it would take our usual 45 minutes. He was down in 10. Unbelievable. So I am now officially in love with lavender. It will definitely become a nightly ritual for us.
To honor this humble oil, here are bunch of other things Lavender Essential Oil is good at:
- Rubbing a drop of Lavender oil on your palms and smoothing it on your pillow may help you sleep.
- Helps reduces stress and anxiety.
- Putting a drop of Lavender oil on a bee sting or insect bite may soothe itching and stinging.
- Putting 2-3 drops of Lavender oil may soothe a minor burn.
- Dropping Lavender oil on a cut may help clean the wound, sanitize and soothe it.
- Possible help in alleviating the symptoms of motion sickness is to place a drop of Lavender oil on the end of the tongue or around the naval or behind the ears.
- Lavender oil along with Lemon and Peppermint oil brings allergy relief.
- Rubbing Lavender oil on dry or chapped skin may bring relief.
- Rubbing a drop of Lavender oil on chapped or sunburned lips may help discomfort.
- Possible help in reducing and/or minimizing the appearance of scar tissue may be to try massaging Lavender oil on and around the area.
- Rubbing a drop of Lavender oil between your palms and inhaling deeply may help in alleviating discomfort of air borne pollen and/or dust.
- Rubbing several drops of Lavender oil into the scalp may help with flaking.
- Placing a few drops of Lavender oil on a cotton ball and placing in your linen closet to scent the linens and may help repel moths and insects.
- Diffusing Lavender oil may support the body’s natural defenses against air borne sensitivities to the skin and immune system.
- Spritzing several drops of Lavender oil mixed with distilled water on a sunburn may help soothe it.
- Applying 2-3 drops of Lavender oil to a rash may help and soothe the skin.
- Rubbing Lavender oil on the feet may cause a calming effect on the body.
Young Living’s Starter Essential Oil Kit is on sale for $10 off till August 31st. Click here for more information and if you want to order. I am loving ours. Below is what came in my kit and what would come in yours. Lavender oil is one of the oils you would get along with 10 others!
Lavender oil is very safe to use on kids and is now my go to oil for my son.