You may or may not know about Thieves essential oil. It’s this amazing blend that smells like Gingerbread cookies and Christmas in a bottle. And there is a bonus!! It has some major germ fighting and immune boosting properties, too. Many people get into Young Living through the Essential Oil Premium Starter Kit. However, there is a Thieves Starter Kit option for those that want to embrace natural cleaning and living products.
Thieves essential oil got it’s name because during the time of the Black Plague, grave robbers would steal valuables from the bodies, but they never got sick. When they were “gently” questioned, they told their secret. The blend of Rosemary, Lemon, Clove, Cinnamon and Eucalyptus that they used is now called Thieves essential oil. Cool, huh?!
This isn’t just an old wives tale– hospitals around the world are switching to using Thieves in place of chemical cleaners! Why? Because IT WORKS! And if you know anything about hospitals, they can’t do anything without research.
But that’s the joy of Thieves– it’s powerful stuff that’s gentle on human bodies, even for those who are the most sensitive.
You can, of course, buy Thieves essential oil and make a ton of DIYs, but there are many more pre-made options available as well that totally kick butt! You can purchase a Thieves Premium Starter Kit and it has all of these fantastic Thieves Products that I’m going to tell you about PLUS it has a 15 ml bottle of Thieves!
Thieves Household Cleaner
The Thieves Household Cleaner is by far one of my favorite cleaning products from any company. EVER.
Thieves Household Cleaner smells great and it does a better job at cleaning than any product I’ve used before! I use this for everything too!
- Laundry: 1 capful of Thieves Household Cleaner with 1 TBSP of my DIY laundry detergent keeps my clothes smelling fresh and feeling so soft.
- Dishwasher: 1 capful in the bottom of the dishwasher with a generous portion of vinegar and I like to add 1 capful to a small glass in the top rack.
- All Purpose Cleaning Spray: 1 capful of Thieves Household Cleaner in 2 cups of water and add to a spray bottle.
- Clean your walls and baseboards: Dust the area first! Mix 1 capful of Thieves Household Cleaner with 3 1/2 cups of water and then clean walls, outlets, baseboards and vents.
- Clean the floors: Mix 1 capful in 4 cups of water and 1 TBSP of white vinegar and mop mop mop away!
- Carpet Shampoo: I used 1/4 cup for two gallons of water.
- Clean yoga matts or gym equipment: 1 capful in 2 cups of water and spray on equipment, then wipe down.
- Oil Stains on Clothes: I used the cleaner neat on a cloth and rubbed the stains with the cloth until faded, then wash.
- Carpet Stain Remover: If I have an old, tough stain– I will add Thieves Household Cleaner straight right on the stain and let it sit for a couple minutes, then scrub it with a brush until it goes away. But if it’s a newer stain, I use 1 capful in 3 cups of water. This is great at removing animal urine odors too!
This is an ethanol and aloe based hand purifier infused with the Thieves Essential Oil blend that comes in a wonderful sized container that would fit easily into a purse or pocket.
Thieves Oral Care
Natural toothpaste that is smooth, not gritty. And Mouthwash that is free from harsh alcohol and artificial dyes and flavors. The spicy-sweet flavor of Thieves combined with Spearmint and Peppermint will leave you with fresh breath and a pleasant taste to give you the confidence you need to face the day.
This is a great spray for cleaning off door knobs, shopping carts, restaurant tables, waiting room furniture, or anything that may end up in my toddler’s mouth. It can also help to deodorize the air if something stinky is lurking nearby. I always have this on hand!
Foaming Hand Soap
We are suckers for foaming hand soap. Seriously. We go CRAZY over the stuff. We used to buy Bath and Body Works Hand Soap by the buckets, but then we found out what kind of chemicals are used to create those amazing smells. So disappointing!!
I did a ton of research and I began making my own foaming hand soap to help my foaming hand soap addiction. Now, I love my recipe and I think it’s great, but this hand soap is definitely are more foaming than my DIY version.
We keep one in the guest bathroom at all times. I admit that it’s a huge hit when guests come over. They all want to know where we got it as they rave about how great their hands smell. And you can always tell who didn’t wash their hands. Just saying!!!!
Thieves Premium Starter Kit
The Thieves Premium Starter Kit is $160 has the following in it:
- Two Thieves Household Cleaners
- Two Thieves Waterless Purifiers
- Two Thieves Sprays
- Two Thieves Hand Soaps with a pump
- One Thieves Toothpaste
- One Thieves Mouthwash
- One 15-ml bottle of Thieves Essential Oil
- 5-ml bottle of Stress Away Essential Oil
- Roller fitment (roller cap)
- Samples of Peace and Calming, Lemon, Lavender, Peppermint, and Thieves
- Samples of NingXia Red (energy/nutritional drink)
- Educational material